There's much to see here. So, take your time, look around, and learn all there is to know about us. We hope you enjoy our site and take a moment to drop us a line.
Your support and contributions will enable us to carry our message to every voter in Walton County. Please include your address and occupation with your donation for reporting to the Supervisor of Elections. You must have a PayPal account to use this option.
B.S. Criminal Justice, Troy University · 1979 graduate of Walton High School · Walton County Sheriff’s Office 1984-2006. Started as a Corrections Officer, then promoted to Deputy Sheriff, Sergeant, Lieutenant, Patrol Commander and Captain, Chief of Administration. · First School Resource Officer at Paxton High School 1999 · Corrections Director, Walton County Department of Corrections2006-2010. Led the Department to become the first Walton County criminal justice agency to be state Accredited. · Criminal Justice instructor, Northwest Florida State College, 2007-2010. · Walton County Planning Commission, appointed 2016-present. · City of DeFuniak Springs Sign Committee, appointed 2015. · Member of Herman Lodge F&AM · Married to Theresa Morrison Glidewell with 4 adult children and 2 grandchildren. · A proud 7th generation Walton Countian.
11. Steps for a Better Walton County
1. DEFEND CUSTOMARY USE!
2. Base our development codes and decisions on common sense and what is in the best interests of all citizens by protecting the property rights of those already working and living here as well as those seeking to develop our area;
3. Concentrate on bringing anchor developments into Freeport, DeFuniak Springs, Mossy Head and Paxton to attract other businesses that provide high-paying jobs for our young people;
4. Insure that all government functions are efficient and that our tax dollars are used to improve the lives of all our citizens while keeping our overall tax structure is as low as possible;
5. Fully fund the revenue mechanisms already in place to bring our infrastructure up-to-date and prepare us for the future;
6. Expand preservation of our historical heritage and insure the protection of our beautiful natural resources;
7. Open our government to citizen input and involvement while encouraging the ideal that government is created to serve its citizens;
8. Return the emphasis of our marketing to high-end, family oriented tourism that brings in more income while increasing safety and enjoyment, both in our homes and on our roadways;
9. Empower our employees to improve services to the citizens and increase the incentives for highly-qualified individuals to come to work for us while encouraging our quality, experienced workforce to continue their service;
10. Acquire new areas for preservation and recreation and construct playing fields, pools, parks, facilities and nature preserves to insure our citizens have wholesome activities to participate in and that our descendants can also enjoy the beauty that drew so many of our citizens to this area;
11. Make sure that our efforts draw citizens throughout the county closer together and promote the idea that we are One Walton.
*Walton County Taxpayer’s Association: board member and President in 2017. ·
*Walton County Fair Association: Vice President and past President. Board member since 2002. ·* Board of Directors and Secretary, Walton County Teacher’s Federal Credit Union 2014-present. · *Trustee, Walton Academy, 2004-2011 · *President, Okaloosa-Walton Officials Association, 2015-2017. Treasurer, 2010-2011. · High school and youth referee and umpire with Okaloosa-Walton Officials Association, Northwest Florida Officials Association, Southeast Alabama Officials Association and Hub City Officials Association. · Coached youth sports over 20 years and was the 1989 President of Freeport Little League and Vice President of the Paxton Little League. · Minister, Kings Lake Chapel, 1999-present. · Pastor, 1st Baptist Church of Liberty, 1993-2001. · Evangelism Director, Walton County Baptist Association, 1994-1997 ·
Sign up to be notified of upcoming events
Check out our video about beach development
August 28---ELECTION DAY
August 18-25-- Early Voting begins. Sites are The Courthouse in DeFuniak Springs, City Hall in Freeport, The Courthouse Annex in Santa Rosa Beach and Faith Assembly Church in Miramar Beach.
Read about our efforts to protect our water resources